www.tutuboutique.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dinner

Oh boy!! My husband and I have agreed on this topic to blog about. We will seperately share our views and then see how they match up. Well, I am a stay at home mother of 3 so I guess it is more my responsibilty than my husband's. But I really dislike having to deal with it. Many days I am so busy working on www.tutuboutique.com, changing diapers, doing the dishes, laundry, picking up the house, Pre-school arts and crafts, nursing, paying the bills, breaking up fights, soothing a crying baby, feeding, & clothing and the lists goes on, that I don't have time or energy or desire to even think about the dreaded task of dinner. All day I am a slave to 3 of the most important people in my life, but by the end of the day I am ready for some kind of payback.

I know that sounds harsh. Considering my husband would be the only one that could actually help grant me some servitude. I mean he has been working all day too, right. Oh, give me a break! I mean he did get to drive to and from work alone in his car listening to his new Sirius radio that he loves, and I am sure he gets take out or even gets to go out for an occassional lunch date. He even has time to blog every day. It has taken me all day to write this one and I have been interrrupted already three times. David has not stopped reminding me that he needs help finding his new bouncy ball and Merry has announced from the bathroom that she is almost ready for a wipe. (Please forgive me if this is full of grammatical errors, spelling, punctuation, and everything else.)

So, at night I am so spent that I am happy with whatever is easy and fast. Kraft Mac & Cheese is my favorite. As long as the kids are fed a fruit and veggie and some sort of protein throughout the day, why can't Peter be ok with whatever we can muster up. I think he expects more. I say I cook a good meal about 2 times a week and another 2 days we go over friends and family's house. That leaves 3 days that I don't have a clue what we will be eating. I want Peter to accept this and hope he does. Right now, I am very close to a nervous breakdown. Merry won't stop whining over and over again, that she wants her Grampy, while David tries to crawl on me as I type. I only have 5 minutes before I need to get the kids in the car to get to an appointment to refinance. So, those are my quick thoughts on supper. Now to see what Peter wrote. Hopefully I won't have to @#@$^%*^% him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Amen.

A year ago, my husband went to work for a Big Hospital; the drug reps cater lunch for his office three or four times a week. Big lunches, from Macaroni Grill and various local places (that I never eat in because I have these kids, see). A few months in, he started complaining about having gained weight from the catered lunches.

So I quit cooking. And we are living happily ever after. As long as he stays at this job.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our lives are one and the same. Mac & Cheese is a perfectly acceptable choice for dinner. My dh rarely gives me crap. For that, I love him. And if he doesn't like what the kids had for dinner, he can make himself something else. Deal with it, buddy.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Alyssa is angry, she left me a message telling me she feels sorry for you. Sometimes I feel sorry for you too. Your blog made me laugh and reminds why I love you.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home