www.tutuboutique.com

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Update

It is one week after the accident. My niece and brother-in-law are still in the hospital. Mark may be realeased as soon as tomorrow. Addy has about another week. I am feeling better about their recovery. They have improved a lot and continue to. I am very proud of my sister and Mark. They are being so strong. Right now, the hardest thing for Jen and Mark to bear is witnessing and participating in the debreeding of Addy's skin. They need to scrape all the dead skin off so she does not get infected. As you can imagine, this is excrutiatingly painful for her. Mark knows, he has to go through it everyday as well. His hands are the worst. They have lived a nightmare and continue to. However, there is also so much to be thankful for. They can actually be considered lucky. They are living and will eventually be fine. We are all hoping for minimal scarring on Addy. She is such a beautiful, happy, and strong little baby girl! Thank you Mark for saving her.

More thoughts: The distance is killing me. I booked a ticket and Jen told me to cancel it. She says she does not need me right now. I am also still nursing my baby that does not take a bottle and is not allowed in the hospital. Jennifer and Mark are lucky to have Mark's family and my mother there to help. But, I am her sister, her only sibling, I want to help. Can't wait to give her a hug!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

Glad they are doing better!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Glad to hear that things are going well, Heidi.

2:26 PM  
Blogger emlouisa said...

Glad to hear things are looking up! Thanks for keeping us posted.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home