www.tutuboutique.com

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Can you relate?

My husband has asked me to blog about something that will get all the mothers out there something to vent about. OK, I think this is easily done. How about we discuss the "mothers do everything better so why do we fathers need to even try" mentalility. My girlfriend called me the oher day. She needed to vent. She had been dealing with a sick and very miserable little girl all day. She got little Olivia into her nighttime bath and needed to run to the drug store for some medicine. She simply needed her hubby, father of her child, to watch Olivia for all of about 15 minutes. His reponse, "wait, can you just help me get her out of the tub and dressed before you run off." My response to this story, "WHAT!!" Meanwhile my husband is listening in on my phone call and yells in, "Give him a break, he probably doesn't know where the pajamas are." Are you Kidding me!! Olivia is almost 2. She has one bureau. Who doesn't put the pajamas in the top drawer? Peter does the same thing to me:

God forbid, if I am going out for all of about 2 hours with my girlfriends for dinner. I will have to get all the kids fed, dressed, and ready for bed. Why is this? Why can't they take charge? This kind of response would be nice, "honey, just go I can take care of our children, have a nice well deserved time to breath." Nope, instead I need to make everything as easy as possible for him, so he can relax and watch TV. When he goes out, there is not one thought of helping with the kids. He simply gives me a kiss, a big huge grin, and says bye, I love you, as he is skipping out the door.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Come on that's not.... Oh wait a minute I guess it probably is. I will try harder.
Love Peter

3:10 PM  
Blogger emlouisa said...

That sucks. My husband totally helps with everything. Granted, he doesn't do it as well as I do, but I'll give him points for trying. :) He has not, however, mastered the art of multitasking. The kitchen cannot be cleaned while he is watching the kids. I don't get that.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

My husband helps with everything, but that is because he plays Mr. Mom while I work. He has learned a ton about being a parent and says it is so hard. It's rewarding, but he scoffs at men who don't do what he does.

9:17 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

I don't get why it seems like a lot of men think of it as babysitting rather than parenting. We shouldn't have to ask to get a little help instead of feeling like we have to raise our kids alone.

I don't happen to have this particular problem, but most of my girlfriends do. Almost universally.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home